Carolynne – STARS (Part 2)

Hello once again!

Something we find very important at UCA, and even to the more specific area which would be our Residential Colleges, is something we call integrity. Integrity is really hard to just put into words but more of an action that is played out daily. And in the Short/Denney Residential College integrity is something that we really strive for. Integrity is the one of our foundations. Without it we wouldn’t be one big family. I have met so many people through this experience.

Integrity here isn’t something that is passed on lightly but taken to heart and lived out daily. We as STARS strive to live out our lives everyday better than the previous. And we couldn’t do that without the help of our wonderful friends that have been made. Friendships have been formed, strengthened and cherished. But it is because of the consistency of everyone to make long lasting relationships. Sometimes I wish I could snap my fingers and there be friends but honestly it takes consistency, trustworthiness, time and honesty.

me and kaitlin

Me and Kaitlin, STARS Lobby

Something else that I love about the STARS, is our Resident Assistants (RA’s) and how they are very friendly and welcoming. The whole staff works together really well and helps each other at all costs. They also work well with the advocates (mentors/tutors) in the dorm. They are always there when we need them and I couldn’t ask for a better staff! When it comes to programs, we might have the same people attending but if it wasn’t for the RA’s working together then they probably wouldn’t work.

As I have mentioned, Integrity is something that is very important in the dorms/residential colleges. We strive to be the best we can be and do the best we can do. There has been long lasting friendships that has been made along the way and a lot of laughter, long nights of games and talks, one on ones with others just because they love and trust each other. I have had girls come knock on my door more times than I would have expected all because I made my face present in the lobby. Living in the Residential College is such a blessing!

Speak Your Mind

*