UCA Delta Zeta alumna receives national science scholarship

My Pic

Yvon Cobian

Scholarship. A word that can change the world of students pursuing higher education goals. This is especially true for Yvon Cobian, a 2013 graduate of UCA and the Episilon Xi chapter of Delta Zeta, who has received the Charline Chilson Scholarship from Delta Zeta National Foundation. When applying for this award to help benefit her in studying Occupational Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Cobian stated that, “I had to carve my own path, make my own decisions, and figure out my own solutions. I am so happy for every experience I’ve been through because I am very proud of who I am today. I’ve learned to work hard, especially academically, which has resulted in many blessings like this scholarship. Thank you for reminding me that my work, and my parent’s hard work, is recognized.” The scholarship is specialized for graduate students whose focus is in the science field. The donor of the scholarship wanted to help provide future Delta Zetas with scholarships because she was unable to further her education in science. But while Charline Chilson was unable to chase her dream, she has helped many Delta Zeta’s like Yvon Cobian.