Chelsey – STARS

Me.

Me.

It is important, when attending college, to have academic support surrounding me constantly. Residential Colleges at the University of Central Arkansas have successfully achieved this. Like any young college student, I have a hard time concentrating on my studies, even when I’m in my own dorm room. Residential Colleges offer numerous areas for me to focus, such at the Quiet Lounge, the dorm classroom, and the student lounge.

If I am in a mood where I need absolute silence to focus, the Quiet Lounge is the place to be. Here, students are given couches to relax and a very peaceful atmosphere. Every student is expected to be as quiet as possible and are even provided plug-ins for laptops, which is perfect for when I need to write a paper. The Quiet Lounge, to me, has been greatly useful when it comes to serious reading I need to do. The Residential College has even provided lamps beside every couch to make it easier, which is quite convenient.

The dorm classroom is also a great and helpful place- academically- for a plethora of reasons. If I am working on something with a group, this classroom is a large space where you are not expected to be quiet. For that reason, the classroom is also good for when friends and I study together. It is also has large tables and many chairs, making it easy for when I’m getting help on homework or have to make something with my assigned group.

The student lounge has also been very useful to me, but in a different way. If I have written homework that is due in a few days and I feel the need to be social while also being productive, the lounge is great. If I have a question on something I’m working on, usually my surrounding friends are happy to help if they are educated on the subject. The lounge also provides plenty of background noise, such as students talking and the television, which can be nice at times when I do not feel the need for absolute silence.

Academics are extremely important to me and it is very convenient that I need not even leave my dorm for any studying atmosphere that I need. I have visited a library many times in the past for studying, simply because I didn’t have an area to focus. Now, the areas where I can focus are only a few steps away- I don’t even have to leave the building I live in! And, for that reason, succeeding academically is easier that it has ever been before.

Speak Your Mind

*